Worship Related Ministries
At St. John's, Tower Grove, there are many opportunities for those who wish to learn, to grow in faith, and to serve the needs of others. We invite and encourage everyone to participate in one or more of the many Ministry Opportunities at St. John's, Tower Grove.
The Choir leads the congregation in music at every 10:30 am Sunday service and other special events. Contact Director of Music, Mr. Tracy Baker.
The Altar Guild members prepare and maintain the sacred vessels, bread, and other materials used in our services and coordinate church cleaning days. Each Altar Guild member serves before and after the 10:30 am service approximately once a month. Contact email@example.com.
Ministers at the 10:30 am Service We are always seeking to expand the number of trained ushers, greeters, acolytes, worship leaders, second readers, and other ministers at the 10:30 am service. Please contact The Parish Office for more information.
Pastoral Care Team
Consistent with our Baptismal Covenant - in which we affirm that we will seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbors as ourselves - the laity, rector, and assisting clergy at St. John's, Tower Grove, are engaged in the ministry of Pastoral Care for the sick, the dying, the elderly, shut-ins, and all others requesting pastoral care for other reasons.
Dave Malek will be the coordinator for ongoing Pastoral Care. You may e-mail Dave or call him at 314-580-5000. Lay persons in the congregation, the rector, and assisting clergy will be involved in service delivery when ongoing Pastoral Care is requested.
Pastoral Care Ministries include:
- Visits by both clergy and laypersons
- Eucharistic ministry - bringing communion to people who are unable to come to church
- Prayer for persons requesting pastoral care, their families, friends and caretakers
- Communication to and from those requesting pastoral care
- Cards, letters, phone calls and well-wishing e-mail messages as appropriate
- Meal Support for individuals and households after a birth/adoption of a child, surgery, a death in the family or other significant transition
- Healing Prayer - during the 10:30 am service, at homes or in hospitals